POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Treasuring" - Any ideas? : "Treasuring" - Any ideas? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  "Treasuring" - Any ideas?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 18 May 2002 19:25:37
Message: <3CE6E2C1.5289F5DC@gmx.de>
So, this is where I stand now. I'm getting tired of
bouncing back and forth between subsurface and lighting.
Though both hands use the same settings, they look somewhat
different.

Note the artefacts on the right hand (actually a left hand,
but on the right of the image)? I'm trying to compensate those
right now by tracing them with more samples.

I cannot get the subsurface-effect to look really
realistic, but I've come to a point where I think I cannot
do much more about it, unless I want to rewrite and
rethink the subsurface-code I came up with.
As with all meshes, media sometimes just do suck... Well,
its actually the meshes that suck with media...
Whatever.

Hope you guys like it, I'll upload an artefact-less version
sometime this week to my homepage.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde